Oh hey there…

Hi friends! Did ya miss me????

Phew! What a whirlwind the last 2 weeks have been. I worked pretty much 4 straight days at the hospital, and then on June 3rd, my mom flew in from St. Pete, FL to spend 10 days with me. I just got home a little bit ago from dropping her back off at the airport to head home. She’s probably currently boarding her flight.

In that time, we headed to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to spend 4 days with my aunts, uncle, and cousins as my mom hasn’t seen most of them for several years either. This may be the last time my mom is “back home” in Michigan as my aunt is moving downstate to be closer to my cousins. It was quite the emotional trip that I’m so glad I was able to provide for my mom.

My parents and sister moved to FL from Minneapolis 3.5 years ago and I’ve only been able to see them for a whopping 14 days (between 2 trips) since then. I hadn’t seen my mom in well over a year and won’t see my dad now until at least January when we’ll do a day with them during Walt Disney World Marathon weekend.

I am one of those people who is ridiculously close to her family, so being away from them is terribly hard. I was so thankful I was able to fly my mom up here for the past 10 days, but staying goodbye this morning felt like my heart was being ripped in two. I am thankful God provided us time at all.

Here’s a couple of fave pics from this past week and a half!

Murphy is just mildly obsessed with his Grandma! I’m so glad he remembered her after 3.5 years. He never left her side the entire time she was at our house.

Some views from runs and walks while in the Upper Peninsula along the shoreline of Lake Michigan! I started every day out with an early morning session out along the water.

Mom FINALLY got a taste of her favorite “Blue Moon” ice cream at a local shoppe!

Me and my cousins out for appetizers!

Sunday was spent up in Sagola and Iron Mountain, Michigan visiting my uncle (mom’s brother) and my aunt at the church where he’s a pastor, and touring Iron Mountain where my mom and her family grew up.

My mom’s youngest sister on the left, my uncle in the middle, and my mom on the right.

We drove the 400 miles back to Minneapolis Monday morning and enjoyed one more day together relaxing yesterday.

My husband and I attended our first meeting with our chosen adoption agency last night while my mom “babysat” our cat and dog. I am so thankful she was able to be here for that so we could come back and discuss our decisions with her. It was a GREAT session!

I love this pic I took this morning. Mom saying goodbye to Murphy. He’s now continually moping around the house and will do so for the next several days.

I did get in some running, albeit brief, while on my trip to Michigan. I dealt with some shin splints that will hopefully be resolved with a couple of pairs of new shoes that I’m starting with this week. More on that later.

Well it appears as though my mom’s plane pushed away from the gate 13 minutes ago and should be in the air any minute. That’s what I’ve been waiting for before heading out for my run this afternoon.

I promise to be back to blogging now that my vacation is over! I’ve got lots to talk about! I hope you all had a fabulous couple of weeks!



About these ads
This entry was posted in Fun Times. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s